Terms & Conditions
These are the Terms & Conditions for the Gift List website.
The Virgin Holidays Gift List website is operated by Acorne plc (a company registered in England under company number 2409444 and whose registered address is at Acorne PLC, Stamford House, Boston Drive, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire, SL8 5YS).
Gift List Owner
Once you have booked your honeymoon, wedding or special occasion, you can create your Virgin Holidays Gift List at giftlist.virginholidays.com
- Once you have registered for your Virgin Holidays Gift List it will be sent to our team for approval. Once approved you can share the Gift List number with your friends and family so that they are able to make contributions. Payments made to your Virgin Holidays Gift List by your friends and family are not automatically transferred to your Virgin Holidays booking. You can transfer contributions from your gift list to your booking at any time; by closing your gift list and transferring the entire balance.
- Your holiday balance must still be paid as normal 12 weeks before your departure date. If contributions are made after your holiday balance has been paid, you can transfer up to 4 weeks after your departure date and a refund of your original payment will be made via the last payment method, up to the maximum value originally paid.
- Any money left in your Gift List or any transfers made from your Gift List to your Virgin Holidays booking later than 28 days after your departure date will be refunded to you in the form of a Virgin Holidays electronic gift voucher for use on a future Virgin Holiday in your name (vouchers valid for 12 months from the date of issue).
- In the event of a holiday cancellation, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can close your list to prevent any further contributions. All Gift List contributions will be refunded to you as the Gift List account holder. Refunds will be made via your original payment method to the maximum value you have paid. Any additional money will be refunded in the form of a Virgin Holidays electronic gift voucher for use on a future Virgin Holiday in your name (vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue).
- If you have booked through a travel agent we are unable to accept any Virgin Holidays Gift List contributions on your booking and all payments must be made via the travel agent.
- Virgin Holidays standard booking and payment conditions apply to your holiday. See www.virginholidays.co.uk/important/terms-and-conditions for details
Gift List Contributor
Payments will appear on your card statement as ’Acorne’. Credit Card payments incur a 2% surcharge.
Once you confirm your payment your contribution will be credited to the Gift List and becomes non-changeable and non-refundable. If the Virgin Holidays booking to which the Gift List is associated is changed or cancelled, the contributions made will only be refunded to the Gift List owner not individual contributors.
Any queries related to your contribution payment must be raised by calling 0344 504 0101.
For the protection of our customers and to ensure that your credit or debit card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.